Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone !!
I currently drive an Emerald Green 1980 4x4 Chevy 4-speed (old square body) that I bought new (it's a reliable truck) 180k miles, although it does not have many creature comforts. I decided it was about time for a new one and about five weeks ago went to my local Chevy dealer and ordered a Granite Blue Metallic '06 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed LBZ D-Max/Allison. I didn't think it would be very hard waiting but I am like a kid at Christmas. They said it would be 8 to 12 weeks so you guys need to help me keep my spirits up during the agonizing wait. This will be my first experience with a diesel but after the test drive ... I am ready!! My wife and I have a 30 ft 5th wheel and want to see some of the country. By the way I plan to restore the old truck since it is a part of the family.

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Welcome :) You will absolutely love your new truck :ro) Congrats ;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hang in there, sharedan. It'll come, it'll come...

Don't forget to let us know when you get it and some of your first impressions!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good News

I just got word from my Chevy dealer that possible delivery date for my new 2500HD LBZ will be 4/4/06 (right in the middle of my 2 week vacation). BTW I cannot get my hands on an owners manual to find out about "break-in" and initial service requirements, I'm planning on getting a Line-X spray in liner and installing a 5th wheel hitch pretty quick after I take delivery. Any suggestions or advice ??

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have been driving mine like I stole it from day one! I did wait until 1500 mile to tow anything. There are threads talking all about break in. Just do a search. Welcome aboard. I do alot of reading and not much posting but everyone hear is great and eager to help with any problems. Good luck with the new truck. I think I may need to get a new one soon??????:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Alright another from florida...welcome

·
Registered
171 Posts
You will never look back the Dura Max and Allison tow great. I have a 36 foot 5er and my 3500 dosen't even know it is there. Made my first tow last summer 1 month after I got the truck and was amazed by the power and the fuel savings over my 6.0 gasser I had to tow teh same unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts