Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
blup, blurp, blurp is how I am trying to describe the sound my lb7 is making as I return from the dealer putting in new injectors and a new fuel pressure regulator.

At idle and at low rpm’s I hear this noise that is defiantly new to the truck (original owner). It gets louder under a little load (In gear and accelerating). Sounds like a pulsating noise of some sort resonating out of the air filter box? Almost sounds “plastic”.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

After thoughts;
I feel like the little old lady trying to describe the sound of her breaks to the mechanic.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Have you checked reassembly of your intake? I'd start with the clamps on the upper box "hose", make sure the base of the box is snapped into the support plate properly and that the filter is installed correctly and the box put together as it should be. Is the filterminder missing? Then I'd listen carefully and see if an induction/boost aluminum tube or blue hose clamp might be loose.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK- Now i'm loosing coolant. Maybe a 1/2 inch over a 1500 miles.
My search leads me to think maybe a injector cups?

Questions?
Could this be the noise I hear? (Its getting louder)
Could the original repair have caused this?
How can I test this?
Your thoughts please.

Thanks again
AB

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Could be a bubble went unvented when they refilled the coolant.

Could be the bubble was giving the sound you observed I suppose ~ There was a recent lengthy thread by TopHog that traced his 'metallic' sound down to a bottomed out bolt inducing the sound to a coolant hose which transmitted it streight into the cabin via the heater. Suppose yours is a liquid should traveling the same path seemingly your estimation of 'plastic' sounding should fall between liquid and metallic. I'd say refill the reservoir and monitor it carefully and see if it holds its level this time.

Off topic: Is there seriously a place named Stinkadena? We refer to one of the local town named Lincoln ~ as Stinkin'Lincoln but thats in good humor. Tell us its TX humor ~

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the thoughts. I sure do think something is floating around in there????
Off Topic: It's Pasadena, outside Houston, which is probably the largest population of petrochemical plants in the U.S. (It really does stink!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts