Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 01 chev dmax and wonderin what im supposed to do now!!! ive been reading some threads about tranny mods? what type of mod and how much? all im doing with this is pulling a trailer(4 place inclosed alum. bumper pull) but when im not i wanna turn heads! I also want to know what is the best exhaust system for the 01... cat back or the whole system? is 5" too big? I would also like to know what brand of intake system is most commonly used on this bad boy? i want to do these mods before i put the edge in it. i love the truck!!!! Ive always been a ford man but im really diggin' this dmax!

·
Registered
53 Posts
The stock air filter is what a lot use, as it filters very well. I have a K&N drop in filter and there wasn't any noticable power increase.
Turbo back is the way to go, there is really no performance increase in 5" over 4" exhaust.
Start searching through the transmission sections and read up, there is all the tranny info you will need in there.

Welcome and congrats on your dmax.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Ive always been a ford man but im really diggin' this dmax!
nuff said....):h

Duramax is the way to go...

I am planning to get the Edge, Banks exhaust and blow off valve for now as well as the K&N koned filter....

Congrats on your truck...:ro)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Man you could have left the FORD part out J/k.. I would'nt settle on just the EDGE yet shop around on the site, you will be amazed!!! Good choice on the truck!!LB7'S rock!!!

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
next step if i were you, some rims and tires, a tuner, and lose the cat!

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
He is (CORRECT)!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts