Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got around to installing some switches in the truck. after searching quite extensively i decided on these. it worked out that seven modules was the lucky number to fit perfectly in the cubby. as you can see i still need to add one more or get the blank. i ordered everything online from one company, but they did have minimum amounts you had to purchase. i really like the look and feel of tthem and you can get any configuration you need, lights or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i stayed home from work today with a fever of 100+, and just coudnt resist in putting it together. now if i can shake this sickness ill put it in the truck tommorow.:)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know if im allowed to say but if it geys deleted just pm me. they are from waytek, go to switches, contura rockers. they also have all the special multipin connectors that are in are trucks. the only drawback is some stuff you have to buy bulk.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Very nice set up.Will be checking them out for my self.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i forgot to mention that the only cutting needed is a hole in the back of cubby to pass wiring out, the gangable switch mounts actually fit precicely into the opening, i just took a strip of double sided tape to hold assembly into cubby. i didnt want to butcher the stock part.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That's funny, I am in the process of the exact same thing. I was amazed how well they fit in the hole.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
i finally got around to installing some switches in the truck. after searching quite extensively i decided on these. it worked out that seven modules was the lucky number to fit perfectly in the cubby. as you can see i still need to add one more or get the blank. i ordered everything online from one company, but they did have minimum amounts you had to purchase. i really like the look and feel of tthem and you can get any configuration you need, lights or not.
Eventually someone will have that switchbank setup for EFI Live tunes: Disable/Limit, Valet, Stock, Tow, Econ, Haul A$$, Race, Xtreme

·
Registered
590 Posts
that is way to cool. Now for a question. How does the whole assembly from the center console come out? Do I need to remove the whole thing to get the piece out that you show in the pictures above?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
there is 2 clips that hold it in. It is a little tought to get out. I just grabbed and pulled.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i spent quite a bit but i ordered a lot of stuff for future projects also. price was not the issue with me, i cant bare the thought of a 2 dollar toggle switch staring at me, i guess im anal about that. i have the switches installed in the truck now, and all i can say is awsome. they turned out better than i could have imagined.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Parts list? Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
2 end brackets, 5 middle brackets, 7 switches, 7 actuators, 2 removal tools, wire, wire loom, and lots of female spade connectors.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats pretty acurate, there are gads of configurations of switches depending on what you are doing also you have to choose the right actuator for your application. i didnt like the spade connector look so i also got the special modular plug that plugs to the switch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts