Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I dropped my truck off at the dealership and they called me this morning and confirmed my worst fear. They also said it would cost about $6800 to fix! :eek: I could have crapped a solid gold brick. Actually, that would have been nice so I could pay for it. Anyway, he said 32 hrs to fix plus thermostats, antifreeze, and whatever else he could think of. I told him I'd get back to him. I immediately called GM customer service and left a message with a lady that helped me before and then I called my usual mecanic for advice. My truck has 76k miles so I felt I had a valid argument for GM consideration. My mechanic called the dealership after he talked to me and then the dealership called me and said that they would do it for 3k now. I guess he told them that I had already made a call to GM. Well, my GM lady called me this evening, but I was at a restoraunt and didn't answer. She said she wanted me to call her tomorrow and discuss it. Maybe I'll get it all done for less. I need all the help I can get since I'm getting married in June and we're paying for our own wedding. My fiance was ready to divorce me before we even got married. I'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have an 01' with a blown head gasket right now, is it leaking antifreeze out the over flow tude on the resivore

·
Registered
64 Posts
head gasket

Is this a problem for the 02's or just the 01's

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
STLCHEVYHD;1561381; said:
Well, I dropped my truck off at the dealership and they called me this morning and confirmed my worst fear. They also said it would cost about $6800 to fix! :eek: I could have crapped a solid gold brick. Actually, that would have been nice so I could pay for it. Anyway, he said 32 hrs to fix plus thermostats, antifreeze, and whatever else he could think of. I told him I'd get back to him. I immediately called GM customer service and left a message with a lady that helped me before and then I called my usual mecanic for advice. My truck has 76k miles so I felt I had a valid argument for GM consideration. My mechanic called the dealership after he talked to me and then the dealership called me and said that they would do it for 3k now. I guess he told them that I had already made a call to GM. Well, my GM lady called me this evening, but I was at a restoraunt and didn't answer. She said she wanted me to call her tomorrow and discuss it. Maybe I'll get it all done for less. I need all the help I can get since I'm getting married in June and we're paying for our own wedding. My fiance was ready to divorce me before we even got married. I'll keep you all posted.
We had a smilar 01 DMX on the NWBombers with the same thing. The dealer came back with a more attractive $ for repairs (even though the truck was out of warranty)

I hope things work out for you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Did the Stealer offer any reason why the price went from over 6 K to 3K? That reason alone could give you reason to look elsewhere or give you more ammo to go back in with.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He didn't really say why specifically that they dropped the price. I guess they didn't want me to go through with talking with GM and get it done for free. I will talk with GM today since the rep called me back at the end of the day. Might as well as see if they will cover it all. Durawax, what is your mileage? If you are under 100k, you may get the help I am. It's worth the call for sure.

·
Registered
702 Posts
$6800? WTF? At $32 hrs @$100/hr shop time+ parts = $3600 in parts
Even $3000 sounds bad to me. Being that you're still under the mileage limit for warranty, out on time limit I realize, I'd push for a warranty repair.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Grit dog;1562443; said:
$6800? WTF? At $32 hrs @$100/hr shop time+ parts = $3600 in parts
Even $3000 sounds bad to me. Being that you're still under the mileage limit for warranty, out on time limit I realize, I'd push for a warranty repair.
Yeah, that's what I was kinda thinking! Someone was trying to give me a stiff one.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Ok, $6800, that is ridiculous. You should tell them that this is a known problems on 01's. I just hope mine don't go anytime soon. I have a feeling I am on borrowed time. :rant:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish I could have an ARP kit put in while they were at it. I'm sure they'll have none of it though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
:mad: That' extortion at $3000 let alone $6800. I bet that dealership is not part of any better business bureau?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
isnt the engine warrantied under 100,000 miles?? 3000 is still a sh!t ton for a head gasket

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I think mine might have gone, starting to leak coolant :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts