Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good time to change full flow on amsoil bypass kit. I talked to amsoil and they said 5000 change full flow and 15000 bypass and oil. I hoped fo more but oil is black at 3000 miles. 3500 turbo back 4" volant air work truck it works hard so I would change more frequent but how often?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
If your using their oil you can get the extended range filters and change them every 25K. Thats when I change mine and my oil analysis comes out good. There is one member here that has gone as far as 50K and his analysis still showed the oil was good. Did you talk to a dealer or Amsoil?

·
Registered
60 Posts
On the F**D powerstroke fleet I maintain, I run Amsoil 15W40 Full synthetic. I don't run any bypass filters. I change the Full flow filter every 5K miles and change the oil every 40-45 thousand miles. I always pull a sample at 25k and 35k and have never had a sample that was bad. FYI I am running a fleet of 40+ trucks with over 20 being diesels that tow 10k-12k lbs 5 or 6 days a week. We build swimming pools and are on the road A LOT going from job to job. Extended drain is the way to go. It has saved me a TON of money!

·
Registered
9 Posts
i've rebuilt or replaced 7 different LLYs over the last 2 years all had the same condition....wrist pin failure from lose of viscosity and they were running amsoil synthetic to 25-45k miles intervals....they lowerd their oil change intervals to 10k and havent had any failures on the rest of the fleet since.
just FYI

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I would change the FF at ~10K like gm recommends and one member says he changes the BP at ~50K. He feels the BP after a drive and as the filter starts to plug the filter will be cooler on the bottom then the top then he changes it. The oil I would change according to an OA.

·
Registered
69 Posts
dieselmech1;1593570; said:
i've rebuilt or replaced 7 different LLYs over the last 2 years all had the same condition....wrist pin failure from lose of viscosity and they were running amsoil synthetic to 25-45k miles intervals....they lowerd their oil change intervals to 10k and havent had any failures on the rest of the fleet since.
just FYI
Did you do any oil analysis on these vehicles? How did you know it was "lose of viscosity"?

Thanks,

StingRea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts