Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Am Looking At Getting A Set Of Amp Research Power Steps For My Truck. Has Anybody Got Them And Are There Any Problems I Should Be Aware Of? Also Does Anybody Know A Good Place To Purchase Them?
Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Have a set on my wifes Tahoe. They are awesome, and we've never had a problem.
I wish I had a set on the truck. They tuck up tight, and out of sight. Makes a vehicle look higher.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I Am Looking At Getting A Set Of Amp Research Power Steps For My Truck. Has Anybody Got Them And Are There Any Problems I Should Be Aware Of? Also Does Anybody Know A Good Place To Purchase Them?
Thanks
Have a set on my wifes Tahoe. They are awesome, and we've never had a problem.
I wish I had a set on the truck. They tuck up tight, and out of sight. Makes a vehicle look higher.
Ditto see my Garage. No problems. Wife loves 'em. Have had them 3mos, have worked flawlessly, very stable, I'm 240lb...when I try to rock 'em whole truck moves!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have them - love them. Unfortunately - i'm pushing 280lbs... fortunately - they will hold every bit of me without any trouble. (rated to 500lbs....)

pics of mine here...(on the bottom of the page) on the day of the install... I absolultely love them.

http://homepage.mac.com/afeest/PhotoAlbum1.html

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I've have them and think they are the greatest. No problems, but they're only 8 months old.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have had them for over a year and no problems. Wife and kids love the fact that they can easily get in and out of the truck with no problems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have them on my truck and would not have any other step.
They work great and then get out of the way and wait for the door to open again.
(Plus I hate those aluminum steps that always just hang there.)

-Oside

·
Registered
668 Posts
The Amp power steps are awesome. I have had mine for about 3-4 months no problems and my neighbor has had his for over 1 year with no problems. Amp who makes them is a great company who make great products. One of the best items I put on my truck. My wife insisted on them when I got my truck lifted so she could get in and I am glad she did. Make it real easy for my 2 1/2 year old to climb in the truck on his own. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got a set for my truck but havn't had a chance to put them on yet. Anyone have any install tips for me? It looks like it requires some hole drilling which I'm not too excited about.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the rosponses, sounds like there is no problems with them. I'm going to get some.:cool2: I wonder if any of you guys installed your own? Any problems with install?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Can't help with the install, it was part of the package deal with my lift and tires. If i had do it all over again I would do the install myself to save a little money. From looking them over it doesn't look all that tough. Good luck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
had huck in Milwaukee install mine... just didn't want to mess with it myself...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Got a set as soon as I got the truck one of my first mods. Very slick and no probs at all!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts