Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran my positive wire and my question is: where can I hook my Remote Wire?
I want to hook it up temporarily. Where do I hook it up at? I am going to temporarily run it to my fuse box. Should I hook it to the fuse box under the hood or the fuse box inside the truck and where at. If you have a pic of this type of wiring please share.

I have a 2004 Duramax crew cab LLY.
Thanks
Mark

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Do you have the Bose system? I ask because I think the wire is in a different part on the harness. It should be a PINK wire in the 24-pin radio harness... Thats the amp turn on wire for the factory Bose amp (if you have the Bose system). Im not exactly sure if the wire is present on the non-Bose trucks...

--Ben

·
Registered
693 Posts
I agree, Any other wire will lead to a loud and annoying pop when you turn on.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I hooked mine up to a fuse in the cab that operates off the ing switch. Works great. The pink wire on mine had power all the time and PAC said there was no good place to hook the remote wire other then to a switched fuse.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Do you have the Bose system? I ask because I think the wire is in a different part on the harness. It should be a PINK wire in the 24-pin radio harness... Thats the amp turn on wire for the factory Bose amp (if you have the Bose system). Im not exactly sure if the wire is present on the non-Bose trucks...

--Ben
I'm embarrassed :eek:: to admit, I haven't crossed this bridge yet. I jury rigged an on/off switch until I could get back to it. My assumption was that I could tap the Bose amp "on/off" wire so both kicked on at the same time. I finally get off for my seven day break this morning and this project is tops on my to do list. If no one posts a solution, I will post my findings.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Keep us updated Diesel_Day_Dreamin'.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
My assumption was that I could tap the Bose amp "on/off" wire so both kicked on at the same time. I finally get off for my seven day break this morning and this project is tops on my to do list. If no one posts a solution, I will post my findings.
:Nonono: ahh ahh ah! Bose lux amp=all communications thru Class II data bus=no amp turn on wire!!

Im not sure if the wire that "was" the amp turn on wire with your previous non-Lux amp will still work because I think on Lux systems, its reprogrammed to be the "antenna enable" wire, for the Escalades which dont have a mast antenna, they use an amplified diversity antenna built into the right rear window between the C and D pillars...

--Ben

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I tied my amp to one of the ignition switch circuits. I think I picked i just tapped the blue amp on wire to the fused side of the windshield wipper fuse in the fuse panel.

I do not get any pops.

·
Registered
50 Posts
:Nonono: ahh ahh ah! Bose lux amp=all communications thru Class II data bus=no amp turn on wire!!
My Bose is non lux and PAC told me it was Class II data bus also, that is why I could not get a remote turn on for the system.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
arghh I hate people who SHOULD know what they are talking about, but dont (like PAC)

The non-Lux Bose radio does operate on the Class II data bus, but the amp DOESNT. It has an old fashioned "amp turnon wire" just like any aftermarket system. Its the PINK wire in the 24-pin radio connector. Tap into that.

--Ben

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Here:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
The non-Lux Bose radio does operate on the Class II data bus, but the amp DOESNT. It has an old fashioned "amp turnon wire" just like any aftermarket system. Its the PINK wire in the 24-pin radio connector. Tap into that.

--Ben
Ben, I was going to check the B3 pink radio end (B11 on the amp end), for 12 volts when the radio is turned on. This wire is not messed with when we do the Premium to Luxury modification. I was thinking since the wire (pin) doesn't change, the function remains the same. Are you trying to say the Lux amp turns on from a command via data 2 buslink? Are Lux Head Units pins different from non-Lux?

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Are you trying to say the Lux amp turns on from a command via data 2 buslink?
yes. Thats correct. all control of lux amp is done thru data bus. No need for an amp turn on wire. Its used to turn on the "antenna module" on LUX systems because Escalades dont have a mast antenna. They have a special amplified antenna thats built into the rear widnow.

Are Lux Head Units pins different from non-Lux?
Kind of... but not really. There are a couple wires that do other things...like what used to be the "rear speaker line outputs" on the non-lux system tunr into the "RSA audio outputs" on the Lux system...

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Keep us updated Diesel_Day_Dreamin'.

Im not sure if the wire that "was" the amp turn on wire with your previous non-Lux amp will still work because I think on Lux systems, its reprogrammed to be the "antenna enable" wire, for the Escalades which dont have a mast antenna, they use an amplified diversity antenna built into the right rear window between the C and D pillars...

--Ben
*UPDATE* The old B11 wire pulled during the Premium to Luxury Mod still has power. That power comes on/goes off with the radio's power! I now have Remote Amp Power on!

**NOTE**This is B11 on the Amp C1 Plug. It is Different on the radio end

BEN... It's a good thing I taped up those wires! What could have hapened if that wire grounded out? Don't think it would have been good.

I'm getting real fast with taking the console apart! Just hope the screws don't wear out. :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
If your just looking for a temporary (like, to check wether things power up correctly) spot, just pull off your in-cab fuze cover and find either your ignition fuze or somthing that only comes on simultaneously (such as daytime running lights, or even your headlight fuze so you can cycle the amp on and off if you like), strip the end of the wire, and push it in around the fuze. This will allow you to test things out, even turn the amp(s) on and off w/o switching the vehicle off in the case of the headlight switch.
Even though it's a little ghetto rigged, I've seen amps permanetly remote wired up this way, with the wire ran under the trim into the bottom of the panel, and pushed around the ignition fuze. Not good policy, but it will work.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got my amp hooked up. Now my problem is that the speakers dont sound good. I think its the box Its for 2 10s but i think its to small. the speakes dont thump like they should.. do they make a box for 12s or 10s i want a box that go's behind my seat!

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
yeah, they do, but you have to get the speakers that take that small amount of air volume, and match it with the box.

you probably didnt match speakers with volume of air, or the box isnt airtight

what kind of speakers and what box do you have?

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
DDD
thanks for the "pink info"

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had 2 10s Rockford fosqate there the P1. the box it dont have a name one it. I took the subs back. Im lookin to get a box to put 2 12s in my truck any one with pic or no a web site to get a box from

1 - 20 of 22 Posts