Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched without much luck, anyone know the specs on H2 wheels? I have heard 17x8.5", but was wondering how much backspacing?

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
5.5"... Won't fit on most spindle lifts... Just FYI, cuz I learned the hard way...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is a spindle lift?

I am currently running some KMC XD's that are 5" BS and 9" wide. I am planning on moving to the H2's on some 285's with green keys. Will I have any issues?

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Nope, the spindle is the hardware in between the upper and lower control arm. I have changed mine with my lift and it will not allow H2's.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I should be OK since I am basically stock suspension wise except for the green keys? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
From what I've been able to gather, the H2 wheels have +18 mm Offset. So, on a 17'' x 8.5'' wheel, that calculates to be 5.458 inches of backspace.

The Stock wheels have +28 mm offset. So the H2 wheel's centerline is 10 mm (.39'') further outboard compared to stock location.

This website ( http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp ) should help you determine what size fits best.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should be good then since my current rims are 9" wide and have 5" BS. Sounds like the H2's will sit about the same as what I have now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts