Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a set of 8" American racing Atlas wheels on my truck with 285 BFG's. I have about 200 miles on them so far & MAN . . . What a difference these tires make over the stock 245 maypops!

Stability, lateral G handeling on corners, sway control, on and off road traction is light years beyond ANYTHING the Firestones have done for me! I had 24K miles on the stock tires & they were at the wear bars . . time for a change

BTW, Discount had a sale on the Atlas rims. I got them for $110.00 ea marked down from $160.00 Pretty good looking rims for the price & they are H*ll for stout. My brother has had them on his Dodge diesel for about 4 years & he is hauling tractors & combine parts with his truck, so I know the rims can take the weight.

Just a heads up if anyone is interested!
PDS

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
PICTURES????

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, Here are some pix. They may not be the sharpest pix . . all I have is the digital camera on my phone. And also, it is still wet & muddy around here, so the truck & wheels are still kinda muddy!

Full side View:

Drivers Side Front:

Close Up:

Front Side View:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Looking good!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Sale still on? Are those chrome or polished? Which Discount Tire?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kartattack,

They are polished rims. The Chrome were 180.00 ea
soooo . . .I decided not to get them. (The polished looks jest fine for 70.00 diff!!!)

I got them at the DT in Burleson (35W on the N Bound side - Alsbury exit). At the time they were on sale for 110.00. (reg price is 160.00)

They may still be on sale or you could always try to see if they would sell them for that price.

So far they are running true w/ no wobbles, etc. . . . . looks like these will be keepers!

PDS

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thank you, sir.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.