Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I go to get in my Duramax I get this strange feeling start to come over me. It's like man I can't wait to drive this thing and I swear I have this huge SH*T eating grin on my face. I think my neighbors are starting to wonder about me. Makes me wish I had more than 10 miles to drive to work. Does this happen to anyone else or like it says AM I WEIRD?:crazy: :pshyco:

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Not really we all get like that sometimes. I still enjoy my truck,hard to believe it'll be 5 years in May.

Seems like only yesterday I specked it out and it came in hanging off the back of a carrier! :eek::

·
Registered
323 Posts
I can honestly say its the first vehicle I've had that I look forward to driving every time I get in it.

And, except for gauges, it's still stock! :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yes):h It's called Duramaxitis.

·
Registered
31,525 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I was thinking the same thing the other day. I've had mine for a year and half (I know.. not much). But I LOVE driving it. My drive to work is only 4 miles... Sometimes I do take the long way home, just WISHING for some red lights.
You know it's bad when you slow down when you see empty road ahead and a green light, hoping to line up to something that will at least give you a challenge.
I'm the lucky one who always lines up next to a Tempo, Sebring, Metro, and my favorite, a hybrid... c'mon... just one mustang, or diesel truck!!!
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
i have it bad too. I have had my truck for over three years and i love driving it. so much power, and still like new.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I still love driving my truck. I drive it every chance i get. If you think you got it bad, just wait, it gets worse. Just wait to you start dropping thousands and thousands of $$ in it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It is a very common condition. Can not be cured. It can, however be temporarily relieved by periodic mashing of the throttle at a red light, stop sign (STOP is after all, an acronym for Squeal Tires On Pavement. Don't ya know.) or ramdom spot in the road or parking lot. The huge grin that comes from the black smoke and smell of diesel may have to be surgically removed if condition persists. Don't bother consulting your doctor, just put more #2 in the tank and drive the hell out of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Funny side effect of getting the duramax - I am early into work now. Now I can't wait to get out the door in the morning and drive the truck to work. :)

If there is a cure, I don't want it!

jeff

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a great 30 mile drive to the fire station every third day of my life in the best truck I have ever owned. The other 2 days its the same going to the Diesel shop to make big holes bigger and then put sleeves into them. man what a great 2 jobs I have.

Shawn

·
Registered
117 Posts
I also Love my truck. I had a couple of HRods when I was young. Then after a stint in the Army, marriage, and a career, I just never really appreciated any of our family vehicles. Then I bought this Duramax to pull a larger trailer and I'm in love! I feel like a kid again who enjoyed cruizin in his '55. I've had this truck 5 months and I've done more mods on it than I've done on all my vehicles in the last 25 years. I had forgotten that I was raised a shade tree mech and an enthusiast. I do not regret a second getting my truck and I hope this feeling will never wear off. Who knows... maybe it's just mid-life crisis?

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Hello, My name is db, and I own a Duramax...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Yes):h It's called Duramaxitis.
i hear that there is no cure for it and once you have you will never be the same

it is kind of like herpes :joke:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Everytime I go to get in my Duramax I get this strange feeling start to come over me. It's like man I can't wait to drive this thing and I swear I have this huge SH*T eating grin on my face. I think my neighbors are starting to wonder about me. Makes me wish I had more than 10 miles to drive to work. Does this happen to anyone else or like it says AM I WEIRD?:crazy: :pshyco:
Your OK!! Here's weird: My truck is not my daily driver. I get home at night. Get on the forum. Get ready for bed, then go drive my truck for about 30 minutes. Life is good!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Hello, My name is db, and I own a Duramax...
Okay, everyone together now. "Hello DB."
):h :rolleyes: :) ;) :eek:: :cool: :gr_grin: :ro)):h :rolleyes: :) ;) :gr_grin: :eek:: :cool: ):h :rolleyes: ;) :) :eek:: :cool: :gr_grin:

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Hi guys,

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Hi guys,
it's been five minutes since I left my truck.....

·
Registered
219 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts