Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I weighed my truck/trailer this weekend. The back axle WITH the trailer was about 5800 lbs and and WITHOUT the trailer was about 3400 lbs. Would that make my pin weight is 2400 lbs? Is that too heavy for my truck? Ride height looks fine and it tows fine too. What should I be concerned about?

PS. If this is the wrong forum please move, sorry!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
My 2004 rear axle spec is 6900 lbs, spring capacity is 6094 lbs. Sounds like your in spec.

Jim

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I weighed my truck/trailer this weekend. The back axle WITH the trailer was about 5800 lbs and and WITHOUT the trailer was about 3400 lbs. Would that make my pin weight is 2400 lbs? Is that too heavy for my truck? Ride height looks fine and it tows fine too. What should I be concerned about?

PS. If this is the wrong forum please move, sorry!
The AAM 1150 rear axle is rated for 10,913 lbs. The stock 245 tires limit you to a max. of 6084 lbs. You are still good.:ro)

BTW, I have a "hauler" style steel flat bed and my rear axle with 5th wheel hitch and tools weighs in a 3,780 lbs. My front axle weighs in at 4480 lbs.

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Read my signature. My old truck was 03 2500HD D/A. 4wd CC shortbox

Don't go heavier than this though. Stock tire size limit with 245-75-16-e is about 6048 lbs - whatever any sticker or anyone tells you. Though babies will get HOT is more weight than that. Even pumped up to 90 psi (which is better than 80 psi with that much weight)

Michelin tires in signature are rated at about 3980 lbs each. Stock aluminum rims are rated about 3500 lbs each max

BTW - old truck front weighed about 4600 lbs, rear 8100 lbs, boat 4500 lbs. That's no fooling around. You do NOT want a tire to blow anytime with that setup.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
If I were you, I'd now weigh the truck without the trailer. Add the 2400 PW to the empty truck weight and compare it to your GVWR...which I assume is 9200 (that's what it is now).

·
Registered
89 Posts
We need some more info from you.

We need to know what your truck weighs buy it's sellf, then add youir 2400 pound pin, then you and what/who ever elce you travel with.

My guess is your going to be over weight.

My pin is just under 2k and when I load every one up I'm over weight.

I'm looking at a new duely soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts