Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and test drove that K3500 yesterday when i got done with work. I liked it. It started good and it seemed to run well. I looked all over the truck and it seemed pretty tight. I didn't see much oil or anything by the motor. The tranny seemed tight and the 4X4 seemed to work well in both ranges. I'm guessing its running 4:10 gears because at 60MPH it was running around 2100 RPM. The body has a couple of small ding and scratches but nothing real major. I just wonder if it will start all the time. It was about 27 degrees yesterday. today the high is 3 degrees. If i plug it in will these motors start in really cold whether. also, can i gain any horsepower buy putting on 3" exaust? They sound cool when there piped. My friend that bought my 1500 put in a chunk of 3" staight pipe and it sounded sweet. What do you guys think is it worth taking a chance on. It won't be my daily driver i'll use it on the farm and hopefully would like to get a flatbed gooseneck to haul hay with. I sell hay and if i could offer delivery i think i could get more customers. Any feedback would help.
Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you plug it in it should fire right up. You can get small gains from exhaust from the cooler egts. Theres chips that are the same price and can get 80hp 160 ft/lbs. thats from the ssdiesel chip and i also got there 4in exhaust sounds sweet just my input i hope it helped.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
cold starting not a problem

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me... I just bought a 93 GMC 3500 6.5L F code Turbo Diesel Dually 4X4 for $4500.00 on EBay. The way the gas prices are now I think a good running Diesel will hold it's value for a long time...

Frank

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have another question. Am i going to hurt the motor any by running the 4:10 gears? i won't be doing much freeway driving. 60 or 65MPH is about the fastest i'll be going with it. Just wondering. trying to get all the information i can.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
If that were the case they would have never put 4:10's in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts