Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Quad Stealth Towing box
but I don't have gauges yet. Don't plan on installing them for 2 weeks. That happens to be just after my friend is will be getting his new 2003 Dodge Cummins. Of course once he gets it we are going to have to race. I don't just want to beat him. I want to beat him, turn around, go back, make a second run, and beat him a second time before he finishes his first run.
I let him drive it when I first got it but it's gotten a lot better since breakin

It will be funny to see him take it back to the stealer to fix his slow truck. Figure I will tell him about a week later or he'll just figure it out when he sees the gauges

Sucks that I have to take it easy for a couple weeks though.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What kind of effects would there be if you ran a Quad box without guages or exhaust for awhile?? If I took it easy, could I get by with it??

Bob

·
Registered
626 Posts
Some times when you keep the engine RPM's low and let the motor lug and not wind up that is when you get very high exhaust temps due to low boost pressures. So some times you think you are taking it easy and you are still producing a lot of heat. I would get gauges before any performance chips are added. Edited by: Blue Max

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Blue Max said:
Some times when you keep the engine RPM's low and let the motor lug and not wind up that is when you get very high exhaust temps due to low boost pressures. So some times you think you are taking it easy and you are still producing a lot of heat. I would get gauges before any performance chips are added.

From experience I will tell you that Blue Max is correct, get gauges. With a stock exhaust the heat can sneak up on ya.

Rule of thumb has been under 60 hp and maybe no gauges, over that HP increase and it's best to get some gauges.

The temptation is great, I know, been there, Do yourself a favor and get a Pyro & Boost Gauge,

T
NYEdited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

1 - 5 of 5 Posts