Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bread truck that I turned into an RV and it would be really nice to upgrade my alternator, so I can charge my battery bank more quickly while IDLING since I always let it warm up for a while before driving. Has a 6.5 diesel with NO TURBO and the alternator is mounted on the passenger side. There is no air conditioner compressor either. I’m pretty sure it currently has a CS-130. I want the most powerful alternator AT IDLE that I can find. I read that the CS-144 might work, but not sure if it will actually fit. Any help would be appreciated!

The alternator is on the passenger side. Here’s a photo of it and the bracket:

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

The 300amp CS-144 makes 140amps at idle, but will it fit and are there other options? It would be great if I could find something at rock auto dot come to save money! This source is from powermaster motor sports dot com :

Product Font Auto part Automotive tire Machine

Thanks!

· Registered
282 Posts
take a look at CS-244 it put out more amps at idle, and more reliable, it fit in my yucon, use the same factory main bracket, some minor change to fit the other ligh bracket, you can made a new to adapt it or use a bolt estension.

not sure it fit your truck, but i would try

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
take a look at CS-244 it put out more amps at idle, and more reliable, it fit in my yucon, use the same factory main bracket, some minor change to fit the other ligh bracket, you can made a new to adapt it or use a bolt estension.

not sure it fit your truck, but i would try
Thanks for the advice. Is your alternator on the drivers side or passenger side?

· Registered
282 Posts
driver side, my yucon is 95

· Registered
4,034 Posts
I run a Powermaster CS130 in my truck. 100 amps at idle. Direct bolt in. Plug and play.
Need larger gauge charge wire and proper size pully for tachometer readings. I just used the pully from my old alternator. It runs the 2 batteries in my truck plus 2 batteries in my camper with normal loads.

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run a Powermaster CS130 in my truck. 100 amps at idle. Direct bolt in. Plug and play.
Need larger gauge charge wire and proper size pully for tachometer readings. I just used the pully from my old alternator. It runs the 2 batteries in my truck plus 2 batteries in my camper with normal loads.
Thanks for the info. That makes me wonder if my current alternator is working at full capacity. I think I’ll test it before trying to upgrade it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts