Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for a while with no results to satisfy me. Since the injectors were replaced on my truck at 153,000 miles under warranty, the wiring to the water in fuel sensor has been removed. Is there an alternate fuel filter that I can run with a drain built in? Or can I by-pass the integrated water seperator all together? Have a Nicktane installed and I'm satisfied with the filtration capacity of the CAT filters. If nesseccary, I can run one of the CAT's with water seperator. Basically, I'm tired of paying exorbant prices for the factory filter when the Nicktane setup cost me less than $20 every 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you ask me a WIF sensor is pretty important. I have broken mine and had to pay stealer prices for it. However i made sure to get a replacment. A little extra insurance never hurt anyone.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Are you saying the dealer removed the WIF sensor when they did the injectors?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ticki2;1570468; said:
Are you saying the dealer removed the WIF sensor when they did the injectors?
Yes they did, cut the wires clean off.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Take it back and have them repair it. That's total BS.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I noticed that on mine too why would they do that?

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
:wtf1:

When they replaced my injectors, they put in a new WIF sensor cable and cable retainer clip.

·
Registered
441 Posts
My WIF message was lit on the DIC for about 3000 miles with no water present anywhere in the system and 3 fuel filters. They had left it disconnected after injector set #1. I plugged it in and found out why. I bought a new sensor and no joy. A reflash reportedly finally cured it, but the WIF was not indicated when it went in for injectors, just when it came out. Never did get an answer on that one.

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you have enough water, it will saturate the filter and then it will pass thru. Once the water hits the pump and injectors, rust will happen and the system is heading towards junk status. Fuel is #1 in these motors. Bless it like you do the oil, then drive it like you stole it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts