Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 02 with edge with att twice now it has pop out of 5th gear just as it shifts then it stays stuck in 4th until you shut the truck off in park one time it was set to defuel the first time it wasn't defueling both times it was on level5 floored what is causing this and are there any resonable priced mods to fix this i don't want to spend a fortune but would spend a decent amount to fix this. does the transgo shift kit cause harsh shifts if i went that route and what would a average shop charge to install approximately

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
You can do the transgo and its better to do a converter as well once the trans is out as it is the next weak link. The transgo firms the shifts up but doesnt make them harsh.

Update your signature so we know what you have for a truck

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Unfortunately a patch job will just put you to the next weakest link. Your best bet is run a lower power level until you can afford a suncoast 3 kit or equivalent. Where are you located?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You have some reading to do.

But the bottom line - if you run your Juice on Level 4 or 5 you will ruin your stock tranny. You have experienced a "limp". If you have been running around on Level 5 you probably have done noticable damage to your TC and clutches. If you don't want to have to spend $3-5K on upgrading your Allison, you should only run your Juice on Level 0-3 from now on. You might have already damaged it though.

The cheapest upgrade for the Allison is usually a Transgo kit and a converter with replacing your burnt clutches with stock Allison ones. This would allow you to run your Edge and not ruin your trans. Looking at around $3K installed.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
you have undoubtably already burnt the C2 and C3 clutch packs. A transgo alone isn't going to fix the problem. At a minimum I would get the clutchs reaplaced. Either with new stockers or upgrade to a suncoast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts