Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly is the warranty on the Allison? I understood the dealer to tell me that the dmax and ally had the 5/100 While the rest was 3/36......Confused here. One of the selling points over the 6 speed was warranty.

Mike

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I think just engine is 5/100 and all else including alli is 3/36.

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>

Duramax Diesel Engine Coverage
The engine is covered by a five year or 100,000 mile (whichever comes first) limited warranty. A deductible per repair visit may apply after the vehicle has been in use for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. See dealer for more information.

New Vehicle Limited Warranty
This warranty is for GM vehicles registered in the USA. See your Chevy Truck or GMC dealer for terms and conditions. GM's 3 year/36,000 mile (whichever comes first) new vehicle limited warranty covers repairs for all Chevy and GMC Trucks, including labor and parts (except normal maintenance), to correct any defects in material or workmanship occurring during the warranty period. See dealer for details.
What is covered for 3 years/36,000 miles (whichever comes first)
<UL>
<LI class=copy>The complete vehicle
<LI class=copy>Tires
<LI class=copy>Towing to your nearest Chevrolet or GMC dealership
<LI class=copy>Cosmetic corrosion defects
<LI class=copy>Rust-through corrosion (six years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first)
<LI class=copy>Repairs made to correct any vehicle defect
<LI class=copy>No charge for most warranty repairs </LI>[/list]

</BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmmmm...time to dig out the paper work...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Lonewolf, The Allison is 3 / 36 it was the main reason I spent the money for the extended warranty they also stated that the injectors and fuel pump was not covered but I now know that was untrue. I don't mind it though that was a determining factor and now that I know what I know I am glad I have it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts