Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Chevy LBZ 4x4 crew with 195k miles.

While towing my 38 Weekend Warrior, the trans did an "awkward" shift then check engine light came on and it went into limp mode. I could see trans temp starting to climb immediately after. I got to first off ramp about 10 miles and pulled over. Truck was struggling.

I called AAA and as they responded I disconnected truck from trailer. My code reader said P0752 something with a solenoid. I shut off truck, restart and it went back to normal with the check light still on.

I had AAA tow my trailer to storage and drove truck home and it feels fine. Next day I took it to Mike at Inglewood transmissions and had trans serviced. New fluid and filters. He took pan filter apart and nothing really in there and he changed something on the valve body I forget what he called it. Seems it was 3-4 quick bolts drop it and install a new one.

Everything looked good, he drove it, and he suggested I should pull the inlet line off the radiator and check it for debris, maybe the torque converter was coming apart. I would find a cloth like material.

I did that yesterday and here's some pics of what I found. It's not the material he described, but it's small hard plastic material.

I'm posting some pics, see what you think. Truck is running great, trans is shifting great in both driving mode and tow mode, and truck still hauls ass.

Could it be off the plastic of the filter? or ?

Thanks for looking and input. Harold

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
It could be anything. I would show that to Mike and get his thoughts on what you found

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent the pics to Mike. He is not positive but may be crystallized fluid or clutch material from getting hot. This was the first time my trans ever got hot. I bought this truck new and do a lot of towing, but I never abuse it and it's a box stock truck, no tuners, lift, nothing. Mike put a in pressure switch manifold when serviced and the trans feels great and shifts perfectly. I have not towed since the work. I'll be trying it again soon and see how it performs. thanks H

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
I sent the pics to Mike. He is not positive but may be crystallized fluid or clutch material from getting hot. This was the first time my trans ever got hot. I bought this truck new and do a lot of towing, but I never abuse it and it's a box stock truck, no tuners, lift, nothing. Mike put a in pressure switch manifold when serviced and the trans feels great and shifts perfectly. I have not towed since the work. I'll be trying it again soon and see how it performs. thanks H
Be sure to keep us updated
(y)

·
Administrator
16,000 Posts
Anyone had experience with the P0752 code?
A forum search produces a few threads on the topic.
Here is one result:

(y)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Be sure to keep us updated
(y)
A forum search produces a few threads on the topic.
Here is one result:

(y)
Truck has been working perfectly. Towed the 38' weekend warrior to Parker Strip and home, no issues. Feels great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts