Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I had an odd event....after driving about 25 miles and stopping for breakfast (drive thru), I noticed my truck would not shift higher than 3rd gear but still had reverse. (65hp tune installed for around 3 months, no problems, occasional WOT).

After getting to the office, I plugged in the Predator and read these codes:
PO700 - transmission control system malfunction
PO116 - coolant temp ckt range/performance
PO181 - sensor A fuel temp range performance

Cleared the codes, reinstalled factory settings, reinstalled towing mode. Drove to lunch, went shopping and back no symptoms, no codes.

Any ideas? (it was faily cool 30*-38* here in the Houston area this morning)

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Do you have anything else on there besides the exhaust and Predator?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Replaced the fuel filter lately? Sometimes they cause weird things to happen with the allison.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
i would be curious as to which code was in the tcm. the 0700 is a generic ecm code in order for the cel light to come on. means the tcm has a code in it. was there a cel?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
allison slip (limp)?

no other mods.... pre-filter changed 10k back, plus both pre and oem 20k back.... yes, cel was present.

after the back to stock and reload of the tow mode, no other problems to date.

may have been a hiccup with the cold morning and the trans temp did not even get to the mid point on the gauge.

Do you have anything else on there besides the exhaust and Predator?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I'd go to your local parts store and see if they will read the codes for you. I'm assuming the predator will not read trans codes on an '06 like it doesn't on the previous generations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts