Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but coudn't find anything here or in the Allison section. My truck sometimes seems to 'hesitate' as it shifts, almost like I've let up on the accelerator briefly. Now, if I'm accelerating at a fairly agressive rate (not floored, just a little more speedily than normal) it's not even noticeable. But if I'm just kind of taking my time, I'll see a hesitation between the first two shifts - but not always.

Anyone else experiencing this? I LOVE this tranny, just want to make sure this isn't something I need to ask the dealer to look at?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
That's standard for the Allison, nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear that it's normal. Why does it do this? Is it something to do with the computer control of the shifting points to reduce torque or something along that line?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine shifts the same way, I to was worried that it was slipping.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Clutches coming off and on ....

This is a heavy duty tranny with solenoid shift control not your ordinary "band" slush box ...

Mac

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I miss my Allison

·
Registered
926 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
SteveNorCal said:
hoot said:
I miss my Allison

Hoot,

Does this mean you're going to trade off that Dodge and get a new Dmax???

Nah, I think his next mod for the Dodge will be to try and mate an Allison tranny to that Cummins

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
There isn't anything wrong with the Dodge 48RE that a Suncoast converter and valvebody won't fix. That sucker will last forever with proper mods.

mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts