Diesel Place banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
chuntag95 said:
I tried the Fred Scoop, but with the lack of air flow in traffic, it didn't do much good. The 2x+ sized cooler did the job. As a matter of fact, I just recieved the AN-12 to Jiffy Tite connectors last night. They made me up some from scratch since they are not a part.
This will allow me to mount the new cooler in the same orientation as the OEM without any hoses.

I was really impressed with Jiffy Tite and their support for a guy trying to mod his truck for better cooling. They were even going to pass on my info to GM. I do need to get back with them as the fitting threads are about 1/8" to long for a good seal, but I can trim them down. Like I said, they are a class act IMHO.

Remember the old saying, there is more than one way to cool a tranny.

· Registered
1,036 Posts
I tried the Fred Scoop and pulling the heavy loads in the heat of the summer in Arizona it dropped my tranny temp 25-40 degrees. Even in the stop and go of the city my ranny temps came down 15-20 degrees. As far as the engine temps, no changes seen at all.

I worry, so I buy. Helps me sleep at night.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.