Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
623 Posts
I did not like the way my transmission heated up in stop and go traffic and would not cool down for a long time even at hiway speeds, so I removed the plastic Chevy symbol from my grill and made a custom emblem out of aluminum with about 100 5/16" holes in a matching pattern. I mounted the new emblem and drilled the holes through the plastic in the grill. This did help the transmission temps greatly and it now cools down very quickly at a return to hiway speeds. My transmission temperature now stays at basically 70 degrees above the outside temperature and has never been above 180 degrees even when I pull my trailer after this little modification. This is just my cure for the cooler being in a poor location in my opinion. Edited by: Blue Max

· Registered
623 Posts
Here are some pictures, but I have not washed the bugs off for a while. I also need to repaint due to rock chips. I have installed a grill guard after my grill modification and it probably added 5 degrees to the tranny temp.

· Registered
623 Posts
The lack of air flow thing is why i did not do the scoop and the fact that it blocks off the other cooling systems. I did gain cooling just sitting in one place due to the easier air flow and that was my origional goal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.