Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again SoCal Diesel has brought to market an awesome addition to their line of custom made pieces ......... :cool:

I designed a plate for the C1/C2 rotating assembly that will make the R&R of that pesky snap ring easy now.

The plate is set up so a piece of 3/4" threaded rod can be inserted through the rotating assembly and can be used to walk the C2 spring cage down with very little effort.

The slots are designed for 1/4"`3"-6" long bolts that can be locked down with a nut and washer. This will allow you apply even pressure on the C2 spring cage in four spots. They are adjustable out of the center so they can be placed where you need them to be.

The only local items needed are a piece of threaded rod, a large fender washer, a locking nut and a regular nut and small flat washer.

Trippin will most likely offer this for sale so if anyone wants them contact him here via PM or through the SoCal Diesel Web Site.

Thanks again Trippin......:ro)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Nice piece, sure beats the heck out of the getto monstrosity I used. Will help out greatly with the toughest part.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
why do I always miss the GOOD stuff???:lol:

Oh well...ill buy one for next time I rebuild my Allison. I figured I had such good luck the first time, whats the worst that could happen the second time?):h

--Ben

btw--if anyone is going to rebuild their own Allison, I highly reccomend a special tool like this for compressing the C1/C2 spring setup...dont mess around with trying to do it with three hands...you'll end up tearing your hair out!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
price?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Send a private message to Trippin for a quoted price.

I just wanted one for myself and after seeing what kind of part he produced I thought it would be something the membership would like to have available.

Since he only made the one prototype part and sent it out for me he would have to decide what the part is worth.

I am sure it will be fairly priced as all of his stuff is.

T:cool: NY

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
Good stuff, nice work Trippin as usual.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Looks great, Guy!! I'm gonna NEED / WANT one of these before I do my trans.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I only made one and I didn't even get a chance to anodize it and your posting pics? :eek:

Aluminum pricing has been funny recently. Let me check and see what I can get the material for on Monday and I'll figure up a price. It's a pretty simple part so I'm sure it will be very reasonable. :D

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
That looks like a quality part.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Beats the PVC pipe adaptor I modified and used! That was probably the most difficult part of the rebuild.

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
:thumb: you da man Guy. :bow: Nice work. Wish I had one of them when I did my trans.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Rat I thought you had a Suncoast V??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts