Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 Chevy was built 4/04, and I have heard it said that the newer Allisons do not have the PTO gear. How can I tell if my Allison has a PTO gear? It would be nice if it has it so if I ever wanted to, I could get that generator that runs off the PTO.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
You have it. Don't believe it? pull either side cover off the Ally and see if ther is a big ugly gear staring you in the face. Next model year may make it an option (they need money).

mike

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Take the PTO Cover off on the side .... If you dont see gear teeth around the rotating assembly you no gots ...

You might want to get a gasket first ...

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
145 Posts
I believe we do have it, but with our series trucks it can't be utilized due to clearance issues. I do remember reading on this and believe it would only work on 3500 HD trucks, and larger which is a different frame chassis set up that allows the space between the floor board and PTO location.

Fran

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The generator I'm regering to is designed to fit on out trucks with no clearance issues.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7667&KW=generator

04wanabemax said:
I believe we do have it, but with our series trucks it can't be utilized due to clearance issues. I do remember reading on this and believe it would only work on 3500 HD trucks, and larger which is a different frame chassis set up that allows the space between the floor board and PTO location.

Fran

·
Registered
145 Posts
That's a slick looking unit especially for the cost.This would seem to be great for running a camp or building a home..... or???? I like they way the created the small gear set to power the drive shaft to get around the clearance issue. This truely appears to be a very solid unit, it certainly has my wheels turning.

Thanks, Fran

1 - 6 of 6 Posts