Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 54k miles ...i think 3rd gear is slipping as the truck sometimes will not allow it self to go over 2k rpms i then have to reset the computer...
every other gear feels fine at wot except third......feels like a govenor on it...however their are no codes set...what is the warranty on this tranny...isnt it 100k miles...the only thing i have ever towed is my Grand national...and then only twice...all highway miles

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Sorry, only the diesel engine is warranted for 100,000 miles (or 5 years). The Allison comes under the regular 36 month/36,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Warranty

Not sure about 04.5.. The 05 is 36000 on everything except engine which is 100000...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes

have a pacific p tuner on it...but it went into limp mode just cruising around ..however no codes were set...third gear feels funky...like i lose power in it

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cost

what is a typical cost for a rebuld on this tranny?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
code 1093

when the trck does this ...there is no dtc code shown...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
where would be a good place to have this thing rebuilt? i am in tennessee nashville

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Dude you've got a P1093 not a bum trans..

If you are limited to 2000 rpm's and it feels like a top speed governor.. You have a P1093.. get a lift pump and a new fuel filter..

Man I just saved you like 5000.00 ..

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
yeah that makes sense...because the PPE does not seem to read 1093 codes on the 2004.5 LLY trucks. It did read 1093 codes on my 2005 tho. :confused:

Its a 1093 code..not to worry about the trans

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lift pump

lift pump??where to buy one

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Kennedy, TTS and Super Diesel sell them. So a search. There are other posts by people who have asked the "which one to buy" question.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ask the dealer if you can get good will. GM will good will warranty most things under 60k miles.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Not to change the subject here again but I always thought the warranty was 10 years 100,000 miles on the engine? Or was that the injectors? Or am I just completely confused?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts