Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my ally has been acting up we fixed the pressure switch and the nsbu switch and found a wire was broke so we put a new pigtail on the big harness and it worked good until the temp got to the single digits and i started the truck and let it warm up for 15 min and i backed out and put it in gear it wouldn't go finally i got it to go but it was stuck in 2nd then after the tranny warmed up i shut it off and tried it again and it worked fine it's done it twice now but it didn't do it today but it is warmer out any ideas?

·
Registered
52 Posts
See my post here in ally oem, same problem for no reason at all it will lock in 2nd and then work fine. I have searched alot of posts looking for answers but don't have one yet if I get anywhere I'll let you know please do the same for me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all right that will work if i find anything out i will let you know

·
Registered
692 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
How cold is it when this happens? There is a safe mode built into the tranny that will inhibit certain gears, depending upon the temp, until the tranny warms up. I ask because it has been -35 here the last few days, and I let my truck warm up for 15-20 mins on low idle, and then drive it. The tranny will stay in second for a very short time, and will then shift normally all the way into 4th. OD is inhibited for quite awhile, until the tranny is quite warm. The bottom line is that it will inhibit OD for a far greater time than the 2-3 shift, so I don't know if this helps with your problem or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts