Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen posts on "another" BB about the update for making the trans quick learn.Since mine supposedly has all updates I guess I have it.My wife started driving "our" truck alot latley & when I get it,it shifts sluggsh for me.It takes a while to start shifting to my style of driving.Question is,is there a certain # of shifts or cycles it takes to get there?Is there any way to speed the process up?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think the only sure way to get it into fast learn is with a Tech II or whatever the Allison shops use. Both I'm sure are beyond the means of most mortals.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sorry Eric I didn't realize I was in your forum. Which one is the emoticon for feeling stupid?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eric,I brought this back up to see if you have any ideas.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Opps, I must have missed this one the first time around.. The only way to reset to fast learn is with Tech-2. The trans will adapt to the driver slowly, but no way to really speed up the process.. I notice that after I tow, it shifts alittle firmer, but will go back to 'normal' within 20 miles.... We need to have the adapts set to Driver 1 and Driver 2!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts