Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 Dmax just started leakin tranny fluid today. Called a transmission shop and they told me that some gaskets on the transmission were leakin and possibly the torque converter seal. Ive done alot of transmissions before, but never an allison. Just wonder if anyone has any helpful hints on pullin this thing out without messing anything up

·
Registered
184 Posts
I pulled mine out a couple months back. It's pretty straight forward, I thought the hardest thing was getting the torque converter bolts out, you have to take the starter out to get to them. Just watch out the allisons quite heavy when you get her loose. I had it out in a few hours, but I was also using a lift.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yeah that ally is a pig hope you have a good jack or some strong friends. but other than the weight its pretty easy to get out

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the tranny out today with no problem. I cant tell what was leakin, so im just gonna reseal the pump and put in the copper washers. Is there anything else i should do to this big girl while its sittin on the bench?

·
Registered
52 Posts
was the engine stock?? i cracked the T/C hub on my 01D/A mine was a stock converter. i had mine turned up and all of a sudden it started leaking. had the trans pulled to change seals and it was the converter. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all i have on my truck is a scorpion stinger, i think it's a whoppin 40 horse increase. The torque converter looks great, so im pretty sure it isnt leakin. i m pretty sure my problem was either the t/c seal, or the gaskets sealin the pump. Anyone know the torque specs on all the bolts that hold the bellhousing onto the main transmission case? I think there is like 27 or 28 bolts there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great, thankyou all for the info!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts