Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allison + Juice + Extended Warranty?

Okay, I would guess that I am not the only in this position. My 2003 has had a 90 hp tuner on it since 3.5k. I currently have 18.5k. When I bought the truck the dealer included a 5yr/75k powertrain warranty as part of the package.

Here is the dilemma. Would it be best to run the truck in level 4 or 5 and not worry? If it breaks let the extended warranty fix it? Should I even worry at all? I do tow around 7k miles a year.

I know the best deal is to get the full tranny done, but the budget won’t allow it. I am happy with the performance of the Regular Juice/Attitude. So what do you guys think would be best for me and others like me who are in a similar position?

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
It should state:
Allison + Juice - (Extended Warranty) = I pay out of pocket, If they figure it out. I also want to up grade but will have to pay the piper if they figure out that I broke it with any type of power increaser. The truck is "designed not to break under normal conditions" so if I smoke the tranny with out upgrading it, I think they would know. Although if I upgrade the tranny would they notice the upgrades inside the tranny during normal servicing?

Just thinking.

Pilot

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My question is based on me removing the juice before service. So far, the dealer cannot tell if you "juiced" unless you tell them or leave it in on a service visit. Since an extended warranty was PAID FOR, is there a reason why I cannot get them to fix it?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
This is a very touchy subject and one that will be debated as long as we pump diesel in to our tanks. It comes down to most as being morally responsible for modding our trucks. If you cook the stock tranny from running power mods, then.......me personally, I dont care. I get paid to fix your truck. But, I am not usually the one making the calls. I guess it comes down to this. Out of sight, out of mind.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dmaxalliTech,

Thank you for your informative post.

It is and will be a touchy and highly debated topic. On one hand people will say "you play, you pay", and others will make a case that the truck was +-$40k, plus an extended warranty was purchased, and GM advertised it as having the "mighty, do anything" allison transmission.

I think for now I will go no higher than level 4 (90 hp) and see how it holds up. If a rebuild is needed within the warranty period, then I will make a decision at that time.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
To be completely honest, I dont think you will have a lick of trouble with the trans with the j/att regardless of what level you run it in.. just be sensible in the higher gears on level 5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts