Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have issues with the tranny running an egde juice? am i gonna tear it up? ive been playing with 0-60 and it feels like the tranny is slipping pretty bad when in level 5.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have limped it 3 times in just over a year. Was only in level 3/3, not towing, and just while attempting to pass at highway speeds. Mike L advised me that I have probably damaged the tranny and should get it fixed and upgraded. I am not looking forward to paying for this. If I were you I would put one of the minor upgrades on it now and avoid what is apparently inevitable for me. With the 6 speed you can put a transgo Jr kit in it without taking the tranny apart and it's not very expensive I hear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any damage would be covered under the gm warranty right?

will adding the trango jr void the tranny warranty?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
ah you might have a lil prob tryin to get it fixed under warranty. but it all depends on the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with the trango jr kit?

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Any modification to a factory part can void the factory warrenty no matter who makes it. Just as adding a power increaseing type device can and will void the warrenty in most cases. Some dealers look the other way so it kind of up to them as to what they will do.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
msj75;1575901; said:
any damage would be covered under the gm warranty right?

will adding the trango jr void the tranny warranty?
Did they (GM)cause the damage? Would it have been damaged with the normal HP and torque that is stock on the truck? Why is it GM's responsibility to fix your error in judgment? Do you repair your customers foul ups for free if it not your fault? Do you get my point?

·
Registered
577 Posts
msj75;1575243; said:
ive been playing with 0-60 and it feels like the tranny is slipping pretty bad when in level 5.

What is the Attitude's current "Shift Defuel Setting?"

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Just use common sense till you can get some tranny upgrades. If you hurt your tranny, take off all your aftermarket stuff and see what the dealer will do, you dont have to tell them what you were using.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
noproblem;1576390; said:
Did they (GM)cause the damage? Would it have been damaged with the normal HP and torque that is stock on the truck? Why is it GM's responsibility to fix your error in judgment? Do you repair your customers foul ups for free if it not your fault? Do you get my point?
Agreed. People cannot whine and complain about high vehicle prices AND complain that GM doesn't covery every customer f**kup.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
msj75;1575243; said:
anyone have issues with the tranny running an egde juice? am i gonna tear it up? ive been playing with 0-60 and it feels like the tranny is slipping pretty bad when in level 5.

Yes you will eventually tear it up running on level 5, if it feels like it is slipping it probably is. If you are gonna put that much power to it, either upgrade your trans or turn down the juice. DON'T expect to get it covered under warranty....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have de-fuel on all shift. I wasn't hammering the truck either, a simple pass, if I had mashed on it and it was able to down shift this would probably not have happened since 1-4 can handle much more torque. Dealership installed it so I hope they will work with me on it. Upgrade it now before you damage it! My codes were P0735 and P0700. Perfect explanation Ziadmax.......roll-on......if you mash it and it shifts down to 4th then it can handle the torque but ole 5th can't.

·
Registered
453 Posts
5th gear roll-on is how I limped mine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i have too also limped my truck several times. only on the freeway rolls though. ill be cruising on the freeway about 70 then get on it and it will sputter then check engine light then stays in one gear. then i have to pull over shut the truck off for a minute then turn it back on and its back to normal. but the CEL stays on for a day or 2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts