Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the duramax diesel and allison combo in my 03 LB-7 diesel. I just recently changed the tranny fluid and was curious to know how much fluid to put in when u just drain the pan, and not the entire system.

thanks!!

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Dex III, or equivilent, and don't forget to change the spin on filter while you are at it.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
Oh yea, and welcome to the site! Please fill out a signature to go with you posts, it will let others know what you have, and further add to the help when you ask a question.

Also, there are sections of this forum set up just for this type of question, go to the upper left and find the search option, and type what you are looking for, alot of questions you may have are already covered, so just do a search.

There is so much information in this site, it will keep you reading for hours on end, so just jump in head first and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
DieselManMiller;1608258; said:
I'm new to the duramax diesel and allison combo in my 03 LB-7 diesel. I just recently changed the tranny fluid and was curious to know how much fluid to put in when u just drain the pan, and not the entire system.

thanks!!
Welcome, draining the pan should take anywhere from 8-10 qts. depending on how hi-lo your trans was filled. The book says 8.75 qts.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
DEWFPO;1609432; said:
Welcome, draining the pan should take anywhere from 8-10 qts. depending on how hi-lo your trans was filled. The book says 8.75 qts.

DEWFPO
:exactly: And if you want to take the extra time, you can measure how much you drain out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.