Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all got this situation on an '06 six speed allison.

Try this, to see if it's me or the ally.

Ally up off cold, in 6th gear and cruising 55 +-.

I go to mash the pedal (1/2 second at floor), then get off it (no press for 1 FULL second), then mash it to the floor.

She pauses for a few seconds, almost if it dies, or the ally is trying to downshift. maybe the VVT is positioning too slow?

Any one elses do this?

My bad...Sorry..PLEASE move to Allison OEM forum.:eek:

·
Registered
16,617 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
I know what you are talking about. The problem is the transmission does a downshift but it takes the turbo a second or two to spool up. Until it gets up to speed the engine can't produce power to accelerate. It's not a trans or engine problem, just good old turbo lag.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My truck does the same thing and from what I have read it is normal. It takes a few seconds. Seems like its way to long to me. Funny my 6.0 Excursion drops down and accelerates almost instantly.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you are talking about. The problem is the transmission does a downshift but it takes the turbo a second or two to spool up. Until it gets up to speed the engine can't produce power to accelerate. It's not a trans or engine problem, just good old turbo lag.
I can really see a difference from move 55 and stepping on it as compared to mash the pedal (1/2 second at floor), then get off it and pause (no press for 1 FULL second), then mash it to the floor again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts