Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Duramax with Allison automatic in a class c motor home. When coming home this weekend, I pulled into a station to purchase snacks. When leaving the station, the there was a large difference between the parking lot and the highway height. This caused the motorhome to rock back and forth when entering the highway. It appeared that the transmission went into neutral and would not pull. I shifted back into neutral from drive and then back to drive, still no movement. I shifted into first gear and the motorhome started moving. I shifted back into drive and everything worked like it was supposed to and I had no other problem. It runs and shifts like it is supposed to. Any idea what could have caused the transmission to act like this. I have just over 2k miles as it is virtually new. Is this something that the dealer needs to check.

MMSnablo

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Probably just a glitch.If you cannot repeat the problem I cannot see how the dealer could help.

Could you give more details as to year and what particular Duramax version and Allison you have?

I didn't know they were putting Duramaxes in class C motor home.

Good luck with that vehicle! :)

Post some pics

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I have a new Duramax with Allison automatic in a class c motor home. When coming home this weekend, I pulled into a station to purchase snacks. When leaving the station, the there was a large difference between the parking lot and the highway height. This caused the motorhome to rock back and forth when entering the highway. It appeared that the transmission went into neutral and would not pull. I shifted back into neutral from drive and then back to drive, still no movement. I shifted into first gear and the motorhome started moving. I shifted back into drive and everything worked like it was supposed to and I had no other problem. It runs and shifts like it is supposed to. Any idea what could have caused the transmission to act like this. I have just over 2k miles as it is virtually new. Is this something that the dealer needs to check.

MMSnablo
Possibly put strain on a electrical connection to the tranny?
I would check the transmission wiring harness to see if it is streched tight someplace. Probably near a connector. The twisting of the motor home frame could have caused the connector to momentarily "open" the connection.
Far fetched :p: , but possible.

Britt

·
Registered
3,291 Posts

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I have a feeling that some air was sucked through the filter during the rocking. Any strain on the electrical system would have set a code instantly. You are probably fine. When I was helping MagHyTec on the final measurements of their pan, we also did some measurements on the Allison deep pan ( stock ) and found the filter was a little looser than we liked. That's why I made the above comment on air.
mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts