Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck, 06 duramax LBZ Allison
I was towing my 27’ travel trailer. I had to push a bit to merge on freeway. Engine rpm was much higher than normal when shifting in to next gears. I’m guessing it was in 3rd when engine rpm was much higher than normal shift points. Wondering why it occurred. After dropping off the trailer and driving it to work it acts normal shifting at regular rpm range.
Lately it did it again after towing a much lighter car trailer empty. It has been shifting at about 2200 rpm rather than like 1500. What’s the most obvious problem. trans I rebuilt thinking it was burning clutches. Everything in the trans was almost perfect. I Miked the old clutches and they were within.001 of new ones. I replaced everything in the trans solenoids scrubbed all the vaves, replaced the torque converter with a triple disc one. Added a shift kit. Problem I thought went away but it came back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2007 Klassic CCSB 2500HD. Six-gun w/speedloader, iDash, and EFILive.
1,031 Posts
Any info on coolant and tranny temps when it happened? Had you selected Tow/haul mode on the tranny?

·
Administrator
19,884 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
Any codes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Coolant temperature normal at 190, transmission temp normal at most 200. Absolutely no codes.

·
Premium Member
2007 Klassic CCSB 2500HD. Six-gun w/speedloader, iDash, and EFILive.
1,031 Posts
Absolutely no codes.
So, not to insult your intelligence, but just to check: you do have a specialty reader or friend that can pull TCM codes, you did that, and there were none? Lots of people think the PCM codes and CEL are from the tranny too. I doubt you do buuuuutttttt. Ya know. We get all kinds. You'd still get a P700 to phone home (check the TCM).

You know, the smart thing would be to just Call Mike L at Inglewood transmission. He's a bro. 714-870-7300 I think.

~Roswell

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. Tuner codes showed the only thing I’ve disconnected from it. Egr.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On another note, I tried trans relearn, little help but will continue to investigate. I remember hearing throttle position may be the problem. But have no idea how to correct that

·
Registered
656 Posts
T/H mode will push shift points to higher RPM. I'm assuming you are in T/H mode when towing, was it higher than you expected in T/H mode? I've experienced higher towing weights to increase the shift RPM, usually from 1800-2200. Any issues when not in T/H mode? Overheat issues? Trans fluid quantity?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts