Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows if a Allison 1000 series 2wd trans is compatible with a 4wd truck........I think I found a rebuildable core, but it is a 2wd tranny.

Am I dreaming that the tailshaft length are the same except one uses a 4wd transfer case adapter ????

lemme know,

T
NY

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
BD power has them listed seperately. I am sure they are different.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
change the output shaft and then rear housing and a few pieces in that are, the 2wd uses a reluctor ring for the VSS in the output housing, 4x4 in in t-case. It can be done easily

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
dmaxalliTech said:
change the output shaft and then rear housing and a few pieces in that are, the 2wd uses a reluctor ring for the VSS in the output housing, 4x4 in in t-case. It can be done easily

And watch out for the end clearence. You may need shims to bring end play to correct tolerlances.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Mike L. said:
dmaxalliTech said:

And watch out for the end clearence. You may need shims to bring end play to correct tolerlances.
That, and make sure that you have the correct bearing back there, that can cause some problems too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts