Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my question, the new Fords run pretty well chipped, but I bet my truck is a hell of alot lighter than them at around 5800 dry, how much quicker will they be if they have a chip? Will I eventually catch them, or am I likely to be super dissapointed when I run it at the track. All I have is a quad 110 and a straight pipe and K&N, but I can shift the thing pretty fast, boost usually recovers immediatly, but still, those first two shifts come QUICK.

·
Registered
494 Posts
If the 6.0 ford has a chip that is around 100 hp and is an automatic you probably won't catch him. It should be a close race if you shift well but if you don't it could be bad. The smallest box I have ran at the track on my reg cab 6 speed was 190hp and ran low 14's. I have seen 6.0 ford duallys with 1 box run in the 14's.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't think it would catch one top end? I would tend to think that auto sucks alot of the power..but then again they rev higher, so yeah, you are likely right.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Wicked, what gear do u take off in?

Have u tried different ones to see what works best.

Check w/ how others launch, it could make a big difference.

BTW reaction time and cutting a good light makes a lot of difference at the other end.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually just take off in second for fear of destroying the clutch, with a high holding power clutch I bet taking off in 3rd might yield some decent launches in 4wd.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I 've seen 1.30's 60 foot times on a chipped 6.0 and a flat 9.00 in the 1/8th with nothing but an edge 100 horse chip. Solid axle front end leaving at 2400 rpm......don't underestimate them

·
Registered
494 Posts
sdaver fix your typo. 1.30's

wicked taking off in 2nd is always my fastest combo. If the clutch will take third then generally the tires won't.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
did not see the run but saw the slip I wish it was a typo

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
130's???? ISnt that 9 sec teritory? GOOD GOD THATS A FREAKING NUTTY 60'

·
Registered
91 Posts
Must have staged with his rear tires. I have a mid nine sec 1/4 mile timeslip from my Duramax. Something tripped the 1/4 mile beams right after I passed the 1/8. sh*t happens. 1.3's are impossible for that truck.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
1.30 is pretty UFB. I can hardly belive that we launch these heavy monsters to 1.6 or 1.7 60' times.

I bet you could get that 1.30 60' from the Ford if you shot it out of a cannon....

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
or dropped it off a cliff

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Mike, you run into traction problems at times with your high 1.60's dont you?

Lets do some math! Ford gets droped off a cliff, hes in a perfect vaccume for arguments sake. He is accelerating at 9.8m per sec. How long will it take him to catch Mike assume he is turning a high 1.60 and maintains that acceleration rate???

Now thats a grudge match I wana see

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Ill see if he has the slips still .........done it on more than one occasion............thinks the front end is gonna grenade.........I thing the TC will go first

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't care what the slip or slips say. A 6000+ lb diesel pickup will not run 1.3 60ft.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
getting a 1.3 60' takes some crazy traction, nothing to do with ford, chevy, diesel, 6000#'s

Once again i say if he can even break into em at 1.39 that is still nucking futs. Not saying anyone is blowing smoke just saying what I said. 1.30's 60' in a street tired 4x4 is still nucking futs! If he is doing it the power to him because I couldnt even fathom doing it! I just cant see him getting a stock type truck to hook like that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
1.3 no way! although with the right typo on his slip that 3 could look like an 8 with a lopsided shave. 1.8 sound about right because those 6.0's run from about the 1/8th on.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
1.3 times are posible w/ any of your trucks.

Stage w/ the rear tires!

60'-13.5'=46.5' actual

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.