Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering where GM has the techs hook up to do a tranny flush...not a full service just change the spin on and do a fluid change and flush the system...just curious? Thanks

I know its better to drop the pan also this question is for a friend

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
We have in line flush equipment but far as I know there's no hook up available for these, IMO there's too much flow for the machine. Just pull drain plug. I do mine every 10k with dexron, filter every 5k

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know..but where in line does GM recommend you to hook up....at the cooler or at the trans. Thanks

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just what I thought...my buddy had his '01 Dmax/Alli serviced at the local dealer and when he got it back we noticed that the cooler fitting(one closest to pass. side) was leaking...so we just snugged it a little and chalked it up to a tech who didn't re-torque...well a couple days later we look again and sure enough its leaking...so my bud takes it back to the dealer and had them check it out...they say its a cracked cooler...wtf? and that it wasn't anything that they did...he asked where they disconnect the line to do the flush and was told "at some other fitting, but not at the cooler" I call BS...should he take it back and b!tch or write to GM on this...as we know a cooler job at the dealer runs in the mid $400's...steep bill for something the dealer did.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
as far as I know, thats the only place to connect the fittings, I cant say that I have ever looked at using the ones on the transmission, just wouldnt be efficent in doing the job. I would go to the General Manager of the dealer. If it was leaking before they did the job they should have told you, since they didnt, I dare say its pretty obvious they are the last ones that touched it and it happened right away. Although I dont know that I would say anything about personally tightening it, they may blame you for over tightening and cracking it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts