Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel this fluttering feeling when it shifts into 5th...kinda hard to explain kind of a delayed flutter under normal accel, just not as smooth as the other shifts:confused: ...is there a reflash or something out there to fix this? It was doing this b4 my mods (a week ago).

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mike , how does a aftermarket converter effect these trucks when you have 100 hp/ 200lbs torque added. I'd like to be able to stomp on it at like 15 mph and have the power actually make it to the pavement and maybe leave alittle rubber and smoke ( OK, alot) behind me. Does this require more than a Transgo Jr. and a converter?

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Prostar8.20;1589238; said:
Mike , how does a aftermarket converter effect these trucks when you have 100 hp/ 200lbs torque added. I'd like to be able to stomp on it at like 15 mph and have the power actually make it to the pavement and maybe leave alittle rubber and smoke ( OK, alot) behind me. Does this require more than a Transgo Jr. and a converter?
You will need a bit more than 100 hp to smoke the tires at 15 mph in which case you will need more than a Transgo and converter if you are going to do this on a regular basis. It also gets tougher to do this as you go up in tire size. Wendy ( Kat's '06 ) was able to get a little squirley doing that at 15 mph. She was running the Suncoast 1057 and the big PPE program and stock tires.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took it to the dealer and had the earl changed and fluids checked along with the tsb for cold weather trans issue...had the pcm and ecm reprogrammed and it seems to shift fine into 5th for now...no studdering or lack of smoothness, I'll take it easy on her for a while and see if it's gone;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MIKE L ....cool avitar:eek: ....i did not notice it at first....kinda freaked me out:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts