Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If all goes right with the deal I will be picking up an 03 2500HD Duramax with the Alison Trans with 56k on it. This will be my first Diesel and i am curious as to what to expect. I have read alot of guys run additives when they fill up is there or what is the need for this? Also I hear alot of guys talking about waiting to change oil but ever 5-10-15k miles what is a good intervel on a gas motor i have always done it at 3k.

I have also read some people talk about T-case issues are there common problems with them? And i have also heard alot about Injectors what are the signs they are going bad and did GM extend the warranty on them?

Thanks guys for the help I am sure I am going to love this truck just want to make sure I do things right.

·
Registered
289 Posts
dont take this the wrong way but try the "search" function, all of your questions will be answered!

Congrats on the new truck! you're going to love her!

Some quick answers for you are:

Always run an additive, especially with the ULSD that does not lube the fuel system well that we are forced to run now.

Injectors on that year truck (01-03, hopefully soon 04 as well) have a 200K mile/7 year extended warranty. Signs they are going bad is excessive smoke at startup, fuel in the crankcase, and an ill-running truck.

hope that helps some, good luck with the truck and welcome to the site!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John LegionST;1584587; said:
dont take this the wrong way but try the "search" function, all of your questions will be answered!

Congrats on the new truck! you're going to love her!

Some quick answers for you are:

Always run an additive, especially with the ULSD that does not lube the fuel system well that we are forced to run now.

Injectors on that year truck (01-03, hopefully soon 04 as well) have a 200K mile/7 year extended warranty. Signs they are going bad is excessive smoke at startup, fuel in the crankcase, and an ill-running truck.

hope that helps some, good luck with the truck and welcome to the site!!!
Thank you for the reply I honestly forgot about the search function.

·
Registered
289 Posts
malfnet1;1584595; said:
Thank you for the reply I honestly forgot about the search function.

No problem at all. If there is something you cant find using search, please post up! DP is hands down the best place for info and advice for your truck!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts