Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a search and found some posts where people have run jumper wires on their LLY's to have the high beams and low beams on at the same time. I did not see any posts for the LBZ. Has anyone done this to the LBZ and have pics to share? On my 01 LB7 I had purchased a wiring harness that left the lows and fog lights on when I went to high beams. I would like to do that, if possible, on my LBZ.

Thanks,

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
You should be able to use the same schematic that is used on the LB7 and the LLY to do your truck. Look in my garage and you will find the layout.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have done a search and found some posts where people have run jumper wires on their LLY's to have the high beams and low beams on at the same time. I did not see any posts for the LBZ. Has anyone done this to the LBZ and have pics to share? On my 01 LB7 I had purchased a wiring harness that left the lows and fog lights on when I went to high beams. I would like to do that, if possible, on my LBZ.

Thanks,
I did this with my '04 chevy and I love it. I bought a kit from a guy on ebay for under $7.00 including shipping. All it comes with is a couple of capasitors and a diagram on where to place them.It makes all the lights on at the same time , when you turn on your high beams (lows,highs,fog lights, and daytime running lights) I installed this 2 months ago and never had a problem. check this auction out on EBay ( 8038036416 ) this is the same guy who I bought mine from.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
2 diodes....50¢

time to solder to 3 relays.....15 min

having all 4 headlights and 2 fogs on at the same time.......Priceless!

OH....and they are all seeing their normal power levels. If I want them even brighter, I'll buy the headlight harness and rally bulbs from Canada.

Told a friend at work with a '01 GMC how to do his (BlNagel's way) and he is a happy camper too!

·
Registered
194 Posts
2 diodes....50¢

time to solder to 3 relays.....15 min

having all 4 headlights and 2 fogs on at the same time.......Priceless!

OH....and they are all seeing their normal power levels. If I want them even brighter, I'll buy the headlight harness and rally bulbs from Canada.

Told a friend at work with a '01 GMC how to do his (BlNagel's way) and he is a happy camper too!
I know the guy at E-bay is making a 400% profit but it's not worth my time to drive to a electronic store ,hunt down the correct Diodes and do the research on which fuse post to tap into. I mean what's $7.00 .....thats not even a 12pack of beer

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What diodes do I get? I don't know what to look for in diodes but I do know how to wire them in. Do any vendors here carry them? I did buy my harness from a guy on Ebay a few years ago and I didn't save the information of who I bought it from. I know he was in Michigan and his original harness was just to have the high's and low's on at the same time. I asked him if the fog lights could come on too, and he went out and tried some different configurations on his dad's truck and said yes. Then I bought it. I did see a slight drop in the power output on all the lights. I would like to tap into the relays directly and hope not to loose any power output. I also purchased some HIR bulbs from a guy in Mass. for my 01. I think his name was Bill. I think I kept his info somewhere but I would have to look it up. I took those bulbs out before I sold the truck and I haven't had a chance to put them in the new truck.

Jeff

·
Registered
194 Posts
What diodes do I get? I don't know what to look for in diodes but I do know how to wire them in. Do any vendors here carry them? I did buy my harness from a guy on Ebay a few years ago and I didn't save the information of who I bought it from. I know he was in Michigan and his original harness was just to have the high's and low's on at the same time. I asked him if the fog lights could come on too, and he went out and tried some different configurations on his dad's truck and said yes. Then I bought it. I did see a slight drop in the power output on all the lights. I would like to tap into the relays directly and hope not to loose any power output. I also purchased some HIR bulbs from a guy in Mass. for my 01. I think his name was Bill. I think I kept his info somewhere but I would have to look it up. I took those bulbs out before I sold the truck and I haven't had a chance to put them in the new truck.

Jeff
Thats what I'm talking about, What Diodes do you buy and where to by them?? Just spend the $7.00 on e-bay and Trust me you will be happy. I didn't loose any brightness in any of the lights. The only thing I was worried about was the switch because I know it is a low amp stock switch and not made to have all those lights on at the same time. But so far no problems.

·
Registered
73 Posts
50 cent diodes from radio shake. 4001's 50volt . takes about 10 minutes at the most to do. I have all4lights on high and fogs on high. great mods.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Or... if you are really impatient... and have some money burning a hole in your pocket... drop a big chunk of change on some Lightforce 240-XGT's... They are Big, Obnoxious and amazingly durable... and that's even BEFORE you turn them on. They are pretty much search lights mounted to the front of the blackmax... i've put some amber diffusers on them for winter - to give me a bit wider angle on them.

http://homepage.mac.com/afeest/PhotoAlbum1.html

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Here's a "Quick Reference Guide" for the Headlight Mods.

For 01-02 owners, here's BlNagel's original post:

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showpost.php?p=273002&postcount=79

and here's the pics:

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showpost.php?p=428559&postcount=166

For 03-06 owners, here's MaxPower's headlight mod explanation, with diode info and pics:

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showpost.php?p=270948&postcount=10

and here's the diagrams that GMC2500HD posted. The first is for highs and fogs:

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showpost.php?p=271556&postcount=26

This is if you want to add DRLs to the mix:

http://dieselplace.com/forum/showpost.php?p=271710&postcount=36

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the diodes and spent 5 minutes soldering together. Works great. Thanks. Jeff

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I mod'd my 95 and 99 using a relay. a second relay could easily be added to include fogs as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts