Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new set of tunes for the truck. will be uploading them.

I have a edge Insite, so I can tell the trans to relearn.

my question is should I tell it to relearn on each tune, working my way up?

if so why? cause each time I "re learn" will it not forget the last thing it learned?

Or is the reason to do this, to make sure the trans is already use to some power, then it has that baseline and learns more power, and then more so your not telling a trans that's used to stock power, to out of no wear learn 100 hp tune?

the truck has tunes in it already and its holding a medium tune now that I have driven around and made a few pulls on so its use to some.

also, when I hit the relearn button I know to cycle through some full 1-2-3-4-5 shifts at increasingly throttle, but doe sit just stop when you turn truck off or what?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I get that I should do each tune. But no info on what all the teams needs? I have read tell it to re learn and then 25% 50% 75% 100% 4 runs through the gears.. but I’d say it was on a low tune and then tellingnit
To learn in a high one seems like it will cause it to slip. So trying to make sure I don’t limp it.

Did relearn and drove around all day and did variously throttle % 1-2-3-4 shifts so next will be 100% on that tune which is 75hp..
If that works will swap to 100 and redo process I guess.??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry my phone messed that all up, and I cant edit it.

My question is, when I click re learn. does it forget what it already knows?

for example, lets say its used to the 75hp tune, been driving it for 2 days, and did a rea learn on it. clicked relearn and did 25 and 50 % and 70% throttle take offs letting it shift. and then drove it for 2 days. will try 100% soon. so if all good and it hold that and no issues. will want to step up to my 100hp tune I plan to drive in 99% of the time unless towing.

so trans is used to 75+, and I hit re learn does it start over from some stock setting trying to learn and hold 100hp extra. or does it just tell the trans to pay attention and re learn and uses what it knows it needs for the 75hp to hold shifts and stuff and builds on that per say.??

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes, it forgets what it learned every time you hit relearn. You misunderstood me. Don’t do that on every tune. Load up the tune that you’ll be driving on the most and hit relearn. Do some driving around and make some pulls like you illustrated. There’s no point in doing a re-learn on each tune, since it forgets everything every time you hit relearn. The less you switch between tunes, the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks. so me getting the trans use to the 75hp tune has zer benefit if I am going to hit re learn and drive the 100hp tune all the time.

Oh well at least now I can make sure trans hold 75hp with some driving and relearn before testing it 100%. if all good will re start process on the 100hp tune and hope its fine. I did not buy truck to race or flat foot it at 65mph in that tune but woul dbe nice if I wanted to get on it droma red light know it will hold 1-2-3-4 with the 100hp tune and not break crap. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this no editing crap sucks.....

also side note, I don't plan to swap tunes. I will bein the 100hp, or the heavy tow with tow haul on.. so should be fine the other tunes where place holders and there just cause.

·
Administrator
15,976 Posts
this no editing crap sucks......
You're almost at the finish line. Just get over the 25 posts mark and the restrictions are lifted.

:thumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're almost at the finish line. Just get over the 25 posts mark and the restrictions are lifted.

:thumb:

Cool 4 more then. just stupid I cant edit spelling or content when I just clicked post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts