Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my alignment done today and had some problems with the tech. I had the green keys put in earler today so I knew I needed to get the alignment done.

Here is what they finished with:
Left: (min to max)
Camber: -1.4 (-0.25 to 0.75)
Caster: 2.0 (3.00 to 5.00)
Toe: 0.03 (-0.05 to 0.15)

Right: (min to max)
Camber: 1.6 (-0.25 to 0.75)
Caster: 2.2 (3.75 to 5.75)
Toe: 0.03 (-0.05 to 0.15)

The little I know about alignment, the Camber and Caster seem to be way off when looking at the numbers. The truck rides great and tracks true. I am planning on taking the truck to another location as soon as I get a chance. I also noticed the knock outs were not touched.

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
I would really be skeptical if the knockouts weren't removed. They pop right out with a screwdriver. The chances of doing that work and those adjustments not being required is almost impossible.

When I had mine aligned the guy never saw the newer style knockouts. He tried adjusting the thing with them still installed. He ended up breaking off the little pin thats welded to the control arm bracket. Lucky there are two.

I hate it when that happens.

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
2 Posts
After I adjusted my torsion bars, I took my truck in for alignment. It was also pulling to the right prior.

the tech did remove the factory knock outs. The strange thing is that he had a difficult time getting the alignment straight per the computer/laser light readout. He ended up setting it past the computer specs to get it to drive straight.

not sure what it's set at, but it drives straight and tires are wearing even.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts