Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my front upper control arm replaced due to a torn boot. Obviously it needs an alignment but the dealer said it isn't covered under warranty. While I agree the truck's mileage is beyond the coverage for alignment you could argue an alignment is part of putting everything back together. Just want a second opinion before I argue the point with them. I didn't have it aligned by them.

Thanx

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
It should be part of the warranty work in my honest opinion. It should fall into the upper control arm replacement procedure.

I'm surprised they replaced it just for a torn boot. They could have blamed it on overgreasing. Did they do the greasejob before it blew?

I tend to overgrease mine. I grease often enough so hopefully if one ruptures, the continued greasing will help it live a long life.
Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey Hoot,

You really should give dmaxallitech a chance to answer!

Couldn't resist

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I'm giving him a hand
with some of the easy answers.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was only greased once by me and I tend to under grease than over. I was suprised they fixed it too. Luckily I didn't align the truck after the new tires so it needed an alignment anyway but hey if I can convince them an alignment should be part of the deal great.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
First, how many miles on truck?

Second. If they did not tamper with the knock outs, they can get away with out it. But they should do it regardless.

I just looked up the labor rapair codes for replacement of control arm, it gives you the labor code to use when you do the alignment. Long story short, its part of the procedure.

Eric

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
21,000 miles so it's beyond the normal mileage allowed. Thanx for the input.

Steve

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I agree with Eric, any warranty repair that effects the geometry of the alignment includes an alignment. That dealer doesn't know how to to code it right.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer finally gave me an answer. Said it wasn't covered because of the cranked T bars and bigger tires. That wasn't the answer I wanted but since I haven't had it aligned yet I'm not out any money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts