Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking at a front-end replacement from a Winnipeg company called Ali-Arc. Here is a link to their web site:

http://www.aliarc.com/pickupbars.html

It's a welded aluminum front-end replacement. The cost is about $1200 CDN. Apparently you have to remove the factory air dam and fog lights. They provide tabs to mount fog lights like a Hella.

I like the aluminum construction because it's lighter and won't rust. They have some good testimonials on their web site for over the road trucks. I see their bumpers on a lot of OTR trucks in Western Canada (Volvos etc.)

Anyone have one of these ? Any thought ?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I see a lot of Canadian semis running them. They must mow down anything deer, elk, moose, ricers. The replacement aid dam doesn't do it for me. The bullbars look way better and probably offer good protection.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
ricers

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I have to agree on the ugly airdam replacement!
Maybe if they powdercoated that part black? Looks like they also omit some important cooling slots in the stock bumper, but those Chevys in the photos are probably all gassers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drove from Edmonton to Calgary and back on Friday. Saw dozens of OTR truck with the Ali-Arc front-end. No pickups though.

The question about cutouts for diesel cooling is a good one and I will ask Ali-Arc if I do decide to order.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
My brother has an ALI ARC on his 2002 DMX, looks good. He has killed 2 deer with it and no ill effects to the bumper or the truck.

The deer were really smashed up though.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Got Juice,

I haven't been over to the oilburners site in a while. I noticed you have "SMD BUSTED!" in your sig. Did someone find out who he is or expose him as bs? Here lately, it has been hard enough to just keep up with this site.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
flhrciblueice said:
Got Juice,

I haven't been over to the oilburners site in a while. I noticed you have "SMD BUSTED!" in your sig. Did someone find out who he is or expose him as bs? Here lately, it has been hard enough to just keep up with this site.

Max figured it out with a little isp cooperation.

As far as exposing him as BS, we all knew he was full of it, so i choose not to grind his face into it. Jan 26th is the DTT date!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts