Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got a 110 tuner and the instructions say to plug it in to the ALDL port above the emergecy brake. All I'am getting is a blank screen. Anyone know how to check this recepticle? Or check where it goes (maybe the other end is disconected)? The cable to the tuner seems to be ok. Thanks for any info or ideas.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Here is what works for me:

1. Remove cable from tuner.

2. Locate ALDL plug near emergency brake. It is easy to do this with the driver's door open while standing outside the vehicle (yes I know what the instructions say, but the dome light is not going to drain the battery that badly). I leave the door open and stand outside the vehicle while programming my truck. The dome light is useful for viewing the display screen this way and you can easily angle the tuner toward the light.

3. Inspect ALDL plug, make sure it is clean. Plug cable into ALDL, make sure it is firmly seated.

4. Plug cable into programing unit -- make sure it is firmly seated, but no need to use the screws.

5. The tuner should come up with a message saying to turn your key to the "On" position. This means the "Run" position that is all the way forward -- as far forward as you can go without triggering the starter motor.

6. Navigate tuner menus

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Does your cigarette lighter work??? If not check fuse under hood and see if blown. The obd2 port and cigarette lighter use the same fuse. I'm betting the fuse is blown. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. Checked lighter,doesn't work! I blew a fuse a couple of times a while back trying to use an air compressor. Since then I put aligator clips on it and run it off the battery. I'll replace fuse in the morning and try the tuner again. I also did notice that staying out of the vehichle made it easier to work with the cable. Thanks again, I'll post results after next atempt.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Boy Jeremy nailed that one.

Wonder how he knew that?

Have to log this one away for posterity.

·
Banned
328 Posts
What Jeremy said!

Thanks! Sorry I didn't get here faster. This is actually moer common than you might think. For some reason that fuse goes easy??

The rest of the suggestions are valid as well, thanks for the help guys!

Quad

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, just an update. I replaced the fuse this morning and the tuner worked fine.
I loaded the 90hp tune. Thats the one I plan on running all the time. We got about two inches of snow so I can't give it a good test. I'll just drive around at different speeds (on and off the freeway and stop and go) for a while and let the tranny get used to it. Thanks again for the help, and thanks Nick and staff for the forum, and thanks Quad and vendors for after market parts, and Merry Christmas to all!

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
GP do u have bullet proof glass in your truck or are u staying out of the 270/23 area.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, Dmax Tim.
I live on Alkire Rd., 2 miles west of 62. If they shoot in the air they could hit my house! I was useing 270 to come home from work, but now I use Harisburg Pk. I sure wish they would get caught!
Maybe now I can outrun them. I'll have to slow down so I don't outrun my headlights!
(It helps the worry to joke) You see a lot more of these trucks after you buy one. I see your from Ohio. My wife caught a 49inch Muskie up at Clear Fork. She enjoys outfishing me.
I keep watching to meet someone from the forum. I picked up primrose from AV lube, but George wasn't in. Maybe next time.
Edited by: GPtimes2

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I live above Fredericktown, about 10 or so miles from Mid-ohio and Clearfork res.

We went down to Gander Mountain and Galyans last nite for the last X-mas presents and to get me a -30 sleeping bag.

I used to sub contract for Kokosing and we lived at the Stringtown Rd. hotels for 2 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts