Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoa wheels.....

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  winter200 
#1 ·
i'm thinking about getting alcoa wheels.....called a "classic".....anyone have any feedback?????? running my truck nearly bone stock right now but will need new tires soon and thinking about different wheels....

thanks Guys!!!!

#5 ·
I've got the Alcoa classics on my 2500HD. 16x7 I had them on my 70 GMC 2500 Custom Camper and kept them. I really like the look, but they need to be polished at least once a year. Nobody seems to be able to touch the forged polished wheel for the price. I went with 265 75 R16 BFG AT's but am considering 255 85 MT's or even 285 AT's when I do tires again.

#6 ·
You can try this place here in Miami called http://www.dieselwheels.net they have some pretty nice wheels made in house for a pretty decent price the only thing is the bling factor. They are pretty blingy, (is that even a word?) But I know that they are strong. Cause almost all the guys I've seen with those wheels are pulling some heavy loads, I mean loads that a peterbuilt should be pulling. Such as dump trailers and extreme powerboats. Thats mostly the scene down here now. Huge diesel trucks and a huge fast powerboat to match. Good luck, and I know its true what the other post said, Alcoas have to be polished more than normal wheels. Trust me when I was 16 my first vehicle was a 1994 6.5TD with alcoas (HAND ME down from my father). And man I was constantly polishing that the exhaust tip and the the damn diamond plate running boards, and toolbox. So types of wheels is something to keep in mind. Id rather be driving than to be polishing is all Im saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.