·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone being displaced by this?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Our camping for this weekend has been displaced, does that count? But seriously, looks like somes places are pretty messed up right now. Hope nobody got hurt.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 dead so far. ya, I was thinking of seeing my first grand kid there. lots of roads out trying to get to BC now.

·
Registered
344 Posts
We were lucky we live up on higher gound so we didn't get affected. We have friends that live in High River, their ok but there house is trashed.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's gonna be a lot of people with wrecked houses and no insurance coverage. Have family in Canmore, some with destroyed houses, others with no roads to get home

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yikes, I forgot about the no flood insurance!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've been out in the foothills by South Fork and on the forestery truck road, the Ram river looks like the North Saskatchewan lol. The locals said it was worse in 2005 than now. They had the Trunk road closed but people were still in the back country, we went in with the Rzr's roads were mostly in good shape.

That's bogus about the flood insurance, we pay enough. I had some flooding in RD a few years ago, flash hail storm plugged the storm drains and ran in the basement windows. No coverage, only if it comes back up the sewer..

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's bogus about the flood insurance, we pay enough. I had some flooding in RD a few years ago, flash hail storm plugged the storm drains and ran in the basement windows. No coverage, only if it comes back up the sewer..
And for most companies the sewer back up is a separate rider now, and only if you have a check valve. Since the sewers probably backed up, most people would be able to claim on that if they have the coverage. Depends how nice the accessor is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts