Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering putting air ride on my rear bench seat. With air ride in the front, the ride is fine but the rear passengers seem to be getting bounced around quite a bit. I have the rear seat that folds into a bed. Has anyone done this already and what were the results?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hate to say it but this is something that could be found with a search. Lots of info out there.

·
Registered
916 Posts
looked into this a few years back, you would have to make your own system, no one does this commercially. You could buy two air ride bases and mount them to the floor a ways apart, the problem is air pressure differences side to side. If you have a person sitting on one side of the bench you would need different pressures in the bases to compensate. If the load is usually fairly equal side to side you could get away with a single air control switch. I also looked into sealed air springs mounted under the seat,
but would have to buy different sizes to experiment on the correct load level.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Also, you would probably loose the power adjust-ability like the rear seat now has.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hate to say it but this is something that could be found with a search. Lots of info out there.
I did research this prior to starting a thread and have spent quite a bit of time researching old threads. Maybe my search capabilities are not up to par with yours,but all the ones I read, people were recommending changing over to cab air ride or bucket seats. This is not what I am wanting to do.

I figured with all the knowledge and talent on this site, someone has already figured a reasonably simple way to make it work without changing to bucket seats or loosing the folding option.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I too wanted to keep the bench seat, but just havnt got around to buying the bases to try it out. I contacted a couple of air ride seat mfg's to see if they had any info, and they all said if I came up with a good design, they would be interested in looking at it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts