Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am looking at adding Air Lift springs to my '08 crew cab Sierra. It is stock height and will remain that way. I triple tow and get a couple of inches of sag when hooked up to the 5'er. I want to add Air Lift springs on the rear with the Wireless One compressor. A buddy has this system and I love it. However, he has a 6" lift. So my concern and question is this, does anyone have this setup that uses their truck for putting a boat in and out of the water? How is it working? Does it ever get wet going in and out of the water? I am a bit concerned that the compressor being mounted under the body on the framerail may get too much water (or submersed if I need to get out too deep in the water).

Thoughts/comments? Thanks

·
Registered
916 Posts
According to the Viar site, their compressors cannot be subjected to water immersion,
their sealed compressors are rated as moisture resistant. The unsealed compressors are
not recommended for exposed mounting locations on vehicle.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have AirLift bags with the same compressor. I just mounted it in my bed and ran lines. I have pulled my 27' Whaler out dozens of times, no issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As long as you mount the components where they will not be completely submerged under water every time you go to the lake you should not see any issues at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the replies. It helps a lot.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
I mounted my compressor in my tool box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts